Performance protocol and points table record keeping
The aim of this protocol is to regulate the list of towers that appear in the points table used in the successive Tarragona Human Tower Competitions.
The purpose of this protocol is therefore to update this table to the current tower building situation, bearing in mind that it is a tool with which new towers can be added to —carried out in squares or team projects—, but also exclude them if necessary.
The update will be systematically carried out by the competent body each year between the 1st of January and the 31st of March. This organism will analyse the novelties that took place during the previous year, in accordance with the points established, and will give the table to the teams and media during the first days of April. The points that will be considered are the following:
1. Towers with six tiers and pillars of five. Any new tower at this height will not enter the points table while this table starts off with a carregat four by seven.
2. Towers with seven tiers. Constructing —carregat or descarregat— any tower with seven tiers with a completely new structure will enter the Tarragona Human Tower Competition points table when:
- a) The building of the tower took place within the year between the 1st of January and the 31st of December.
- b) The tower has been achieved by (carregat and/or descarregat) a minimum of three tower building teams with a total of five times between the three of them. (e.g. one team 3 times and two teams once each)
3. Towers with eight, nine or more tiers and pillars with seven or more
- a) Any tower, carregat and/or descarregat within the period between the 1st of January and the 31st of December will automatically enter the Tarragona Human Tower Competition points table.
- b) Any tower with eight or nine tiers will be automatically included in the same construction with a height of seven or eight tiers.
4. New structures. New structures are those that no tower building team has been able to achieve —carregat and/or descarregat— in modern times and up to the end of the 31st of December of the year previous to the update. In order to include these structures in the Tarragona Human Tower points table they must fulfil the following conditions:
- a) The structure must belong to point 3 of this protocol, which means it must be a tower with eight, nine or more tiers or a pillar with seven or more, and all their possible variations.
- b) In order to add it to the table, the team has to apply for its inclusion in writing to the competent body and within the period between the 1st of January and the 31st of December previous to the update.
- c) The applying team must belong to a team considered as a team of eight of nine (tiers high) in accordance with the current statutes of the tower building team Coordinator.
- d) Likewise, the applying team must have achieved the same tower at one tier lower. For example, if they want to apply for a four by ten with folre and manilles, they must have already completed a four by ten with folre.
5. Exclusion of inactive structures. This protocol has the tools required to exclude constructions that are currently included in the points table or that may be included in the future.
Therefore, the following towers will be excluded from the points table:
- a) Those that have never been tried in modern times.
- b) When finally no team manages, at least, to raise a so-called new structure (see point 4), this structure will be excluded in the next edition of the Tarragona Human Tower Competition.
6. Variations of the same structure. For a new structure —as for the existing ones— variations can be applied and these have to be taken into account when considering whether this variation has created a different tower:
- a) Any tower lifted from below, lifted and lowered from below, with agulla, with various agulles, with folre or without folre, with manilles or without manilles, will be considered as distinct towers and they will therefore be treated individually in accordance with the protocol.
- b) Towers built without a pinya ( ground level base) will be considered as variations of the same tower and therefore they will not be considered as different. For compound structures with more than one “pom de dalt” ( top three levels made up of the twos, the aixecador and the enxaneta), except the tower of five, are considered to be new structures when the tower is crowned by just one enxaneta and those in which the tower is crowned by one enxaneta for each “pom”.